Community

Meatless Monday with Wild Rice and Broccoli Casserole

September 11, 2011
By
Meatless Monday with Wild Rice and Broccoli Casserole

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support sustainability by promoting eliminating meat from your diet one day per week to reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Today’s recipe for Wild Rice and Broccoli Casserole is a heartier…

Read more »

Putting Thoughts Into Words for the First Time in 10 Years

September 11, 2011
By
Putting Thoughts Into Words for the First Time in 10 Years

I fell in love with New York City when I was 5 years old. I had seen glimpses of it on Sesame Street, but mid-town Manhattan, where my father took me to work with him one day, was much bigger, louder and more exciting. I remember getting off the train in Grand Central Station, my…

Read more »

Reflections in the Aftermath of Irene :: A Tribute to Our Farmers

September 9, 2011
By
Reflections in the Aftermath of Irene :: A Tribute to Our Farmers

Sunset over the Tiny House, the evening before Irene hit Vermont. Today brings another day of rain.  As I use the opportunity indoors to catch up on email and news, I find myself poring over the videos and photos documenting the damage that Hurricane Irene left in its wake. The Sunday that Irene hit Vermont…

Read more »

24 Hours of Reality

September 9, 2011
By
24 Hours of Reality

“24 Hours of Reality will focus the world’s attention on the full truth, scope, scale and impact of the climate crisis. To remove the doubt. Reveal the deniers. And catalyze urgency around an issue that affects every one of us.” ~Al Gore The Climate Reality Project (formerly the Alliance for Climate Protection) announced a new…

Read more »

Reusable Bag Use Up in Toronto Thanks to Bag Free Policy

September 8, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog on this lovely TIFF Friday here in Toronto. We’re fortunate to have the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) on our doorstep and this year is proving to be the biggest one yet. But TIFF is not the only thing we’re proud of today. We also want…

Read more »

September 8, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog on this lovely TIFF Friday here in Toronto. We’re fortunate to have the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) on our doorstep and this year is proving to be the biggest one yet. But TIFF is not the only thing we’re proud of today. We also want…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Gore vs Obama, Dell CSR, Greenpeace, Chocolate and More

September 7, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Gore vs Obama, Dell CSR, Greenpeace, Chocolate and More

Welcome back to the sustainable scribe for another edition of green news of the week featuring a few interesting green highlights from this past week. This week includes:  Al Gore smackdown on Obama over smog standards and pollution, Dell refocusing their green initiatives, 10 easy ways to make your campus green, the top 5 chemicals…

Read more »

September 7, 2011
By

Welcome back to the sustainable scribe for another edition of green news of the week featuring a few interesting green highlights from this past week. This week includes:  Al Gore smackdown on Obama over smog standards and pollution, Dell refocusing their green initiatives, 10 easy ways to make your campus green, the top 5 chemicals…

Read more »

Our New Brick and Mortar Friend: The Local Market

September 7, 2011
By
Our New Brick and Mortar Friend: The Local Market

The Local Market opened less than a month ago in Falls Church, VA. The store features locally produced breads, dairy products, sausages, condiments and in-season fruits and vegetables from farms within a 100-mile radius of the store. The owners, husband and wife team Tom and Laura Coates, came up with the idea after missing too many…

Read more »

Dockside Green Living Nirvana in BC

September 6, 2011
By
Dockside Green Living Nirvana in BC

Welcome to beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, home of Dockside Green, a LEED Platinum certified neighbourhood development with so much green building going on that there’s a lot to explore.   Offering sustainable solutions for residential and commercial inhabitants alike, Dockside takes green living to the next level.  “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) is a…

Read more »

Tags