Community

Meatless Monday with Roasted Carrot Salad with Burrata Cheese

September 18, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week to reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Today we will be feasting on the sweet and savoury…

Read more »

September 18, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week to reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Today we will be feasting on the sweet and savoury…

Read more »

Growing is Forever. {Video}

September 18, 2011
By
Growing is Forever. {Video}

photo by rahansen11 via flickr.com Wow. Beautiful video by Jesse Rosten. I have a deep affection for the Redwood forests of Northern California. This is my best attempt to capture the reverence I feel when in the presence of these giants. ~ Jesse Rosten, filmmaker Growing is Forever was written & read by Kallie Markle.…

Read more »

The DIY Dilemma: Why a Do-it-yourself Website May be a Bad Idea: Part 4

September 16, 2011
By

The last form of do-it-yourself website I’d like to discuss is the “free website builder tool” sort of thing often offered by cut-rate webhosting companies, advertising packages, and assorted other services. This may be the worst of the lot. Related posts: The DIY Dilemma: Why a Do-it-yourself Website May be a Bad Idea: Part 3…

Read more »

My Organic Garden and Respecting the Tomato

September 15, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday for talking tomatoes. It has been a Mediterranean summer meaning that those fruits and vegetable that grow in the Mediterranean have thrived like basil, zucchini, and tomatoes. However, in the Greater…

Read more »

September 15, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday for talking tomatoes. It has been a Mediterranean summer meaning that those fruits and vegetable that grow in the Mediterranean have thrived like basil, zucchini, and tomatoes. However, in the Greater…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Google Energy, Coconut-powered Islands, Climate Reality and More

September 14, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Google Energy, Coconut-powered Islands, Climate Reality and More

Welcome back for another edition of green news of the week featuring a few interesting stories impacting the environment across the globe. This weeks’ highlights: Google’s energy impact, Al Gore’s Climate Crisis Reality Project, Empire State Building retrofits earn LEED-Gold certification, Tokelau Pacific islands execute sustainable solutions with solar and coconut renewable energy alternatives, CDP…

Read more »

Our New Brick and Mortar Friend: Nonny’s

September 14, 2011
By
Our New Brick and Mortar Friend: Nonny’s

image copyright Nonny's I am very happy to announce that my line of products is now available at the newly opened Nonny’s in Fountain Hills, AZ. Nonny’s is a retail store filled with handcrafted items, refurbished vintage home goods and a floral section. It is the creation of Jerrod Alcaida, who was a wedding and event…

Read more »

Larry the Loon supports Canadian Wildlife Federation

September 13, 2011
By

Loons are an iconic symbol of Canadiana. Even though these majestic birds are protected from hunters, their numbers are depleting due to low breeding. This is because of increased urbanization encroaching on their breeding grounds. Not to mention that boats, especially up in cottage country, are disrupting their nests. Boat wakes either swamp the nests…

Read more »

September 13, 2011
By

Loons are an iconic symbol of Canadiana. Even though these majestic birds are protected from hunters, their numbers are depleting due to low breeding. This is because of increased urbanization encroaching on their breeding grounds. Not to mention that boats, especially up in cottage country, are disrupting their nests. Boat wakes either swamp the nests…

Read more »

Tags