Community

Back to School Green Tips Part Three – Clothes

August 29, 2011
By

Welcome to the third and final installment in our three part series of back to school green tips that will help you make this school year a little more eco-friendly.  Our previous green tips covered school supplies and school lunches, so let’s move on to wardrobes. organic cotton shirt on sale $11 at planetforward.ca When…

Read more »

August 29, 2011
By

Welcome to the third and final installment in our three part series of back to school green tips that will help you make this school year a little more eco-friendly.  Our previous green tips covered school supplies and school lunches, so let’s move on to wardrobes. organic cotton shirt on sale $11 at planetforward.ca When…

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Weeks 13 & 14

August 29, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Weeks 13 & 14

During weeks 13 & 14 of building our tiny house on a trailer, we finish installing the redwood siding on the main building, and complete the rain screen wall and trim on the east dormer.  Frequent rain showers, visitors from far and near, and a four day “vacation” to deliver our cat to his new home…

Read more »

Meatless Monday with Grilled Spicy Vegetable Pizza with Crushed Hot Peppers, Broccoli and Roasted Garlic

August 28, 2011
By
Meatless Monday with Grilled Spicy Vegetable Pizza with Crushed Hot Peppers, Broccoli and Roasted Garlic

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. By late summer some of us…

Read more »

August 28, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. By late summer some of us…

Read more »

My Organic Garden Journal – Lettuce

August 25, 2011
By
My Organic Garden Journal – Lettuce

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday here in the Greater Toronto Area. Summer is passing so fast but luckily there have not been any more signs of lightning striking anything as I reported in my previous post.…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Toys R Us, Jake Gyllenhaal, Recycling, Glaciers, CO2 and Hybrid Trucks

August 24, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Toys R Us, Jake Gyllenhaal, Recycling, Glaciers, CO2 and Hybrid Trucks

There is always a variety of green stories in the news and this week is no exception.  This edition of green news of the week features:  Toys R Us green building plans, Jake Gyllenhaal promotes sustainable solutions, 25 Recycling facts not everyone knows, Greenland glaciers melting a record pace,  CO2 emissions in the US have increased…

Read more »

A New Beginning | World 5.0

August 24, 2011
By
A New Beginning | World 5.0

Greetings Friends and Citizens, This is a time of awakening. Something new is in the air. To quote songwriter Joni Mitchell, “Maybe it’s the time of year, or maybe it’s the time of man…” I’ll go with the latter, in spite of the deficiencies in using the word ‘man’ when one means ‘humans.’  Read the…

Read more »

Back to School Green Tips Part Two – School Lunches

August 23, 2011
By
Back to School Green Tips Part Two – School Lunches

Welcome back for part two of our three part series of back to school green tips that will help you make this school year a little more eco-friendly. When starting a new school year you are given a fresh start and can break old habits. One of the worst offenders for school waste is lunches.…

Read more »

Coupon codes and your ecommerce website

August 23, 2011
By

If you’ve done any online shopping yourself you’re probably well aware of coupon codes. These are codes that can get you spiffy discounts on whatever you’re purchasing. A simple internet search for the site you’re purchasing from can usually result in a number of listings of sites where people post these codes for others to…

Read more »

Tags