Community

Help the rainforest: A tree planted on your behalf! {FREE!}

September 6, 2011
By
Help the rainforest: A tree planted on your behalf! {FREE!}

In Brazil, 1.5 acres of rainforest are lost every second. Photo courtesy Trees for the Future To plant a tree, simply sign up to be a member of My Green Face, an online environmental community that engages its members to learn, share, discuss—and take action. There’s no cost to you! My Green Face will plant…

Read more »

The DIY Dilemma: Why a Do-it-yourself Website May be a Bad Idea: Part 2

September 6, 2011
By

Websites are showing up all over cyberspace, offering free website templates and promising you,…..well, promising you a free website template. That’s pretty much it. The question of what you’re supposed to do with it is left open. You’d better be ready to answer it yourself before clicking “download now”, and be ready to answer a…

Read more »

The DIY Dilemma: Why a Do-it-yourself Website May be a Bad Idea: Part 1

September 6, 2011
By

There’s an old proverb which says; “A man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client.” There’s a grain of truth in that, not just for legal matters, but for any undertaking what requires specialized skills, from rewiring your office and repairing your delivery van to, yes, designing and building your…

Read more »

Proctor & Gamble Sponsors Moms

September 5, 2011
By
Proctor & Gamble Sponsors Moms

Canadian athletes are busy getting ready to represent Canada in the London 2012 Olympic Summer Games. Meanwhile, sponsors are already advertising their part in making Olympic dreams come true. A great example is P&G. The brand that owns Covergirl, Crest, Gillette and Tide, just to name a few, is working hard to make this Olympics…

Read more »

Meatless Monday with Conchiglie al Forno with Mushrooms and Radicchio

September 4, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Today we bring you a heartier…

Read more »

September 4, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Today we bring you a heartier…

Read more »

The Farmer’s Markets is More Than Just Great Produce

September 1, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this first Friday in September. Today I want to share with you my experience at my local farmer’s market. As such a staunch supporter of organic gardening and buying local produce, I surprisingly had…

Read more »

September 1, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this first Friday in September. Today I want to share with you my experience at my local farmer’s market. As such a staunch supporter of organic gardening and buying local produce, I surprisingly had…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Green Computers, Solar exports, University Zipcars and Rainforests

August 31, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Green Computers, Solar exports, University Zipcars and Rainforests

Welcome back for another review of the weeks highlights in green news.  This edition of green news of the week features:  10 cool green concept computers, huge solar exports from USA, Ford and Zipcar partner for Universities, 10 celebrities trying to save the rainforest, recycled iPad 2 accessories, and a national school recycling competition.  If…

Read more »

August 31, 2011
By

Welcome back for another review of the weeks highlights in green news.  This edition of green news of the week features:  10 cool green concept computers, huge solar exports from USA, Ford and Zipcar partner for Universities, 10 celebrities trying to save the rainforest, recycled iPad 2 accessories, and a national school recycling competition.  If…

Read more »

Tags