Community

My Organic Garden – Lightning Strikes

August 11, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday here in the Greater Toronto Area. My garden is once again beating the odds, and it has nothing to do with my previous entry on zucchini flower production. Beautiful staked tomato…

Read more »

August 11, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday here in the Greater Toronto Area. My garden is once again beating the odds, and it has nothing to do with my previous entry on zucchini flower production. Beautiful staked tomato…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Responsible Celebrities, Ford Focuses, Killer Cheese and More

August 10, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Responsible Celebrities, Ford Focuses, Killer Cheese and More

Welcome back eco-enthusiasts for another edition of green news of the week featuring a variety of green stories from around the blogosphere.  This weeks’ highlights: responsible celebrities, greener deliveries from Office Depot, Ford offers a zero emission solution, 10 Plants that clean the air in your home, the impact of cheese on the environment, and…

Read more »

August 10, 2011
By

Welcome back eco-enthusiasts for another edition of green news of the week featuring a variety of green stories from around the blogosphere.  This weeks’ highlights: responsible celebrities, greener deliveries from Office Depot, Ford offers a zero emission solution, 10 Plants that clean the air in your home, the impact of cheese on the environment, and…

Read more »

John Paul DeJoria Helps Feed Families with Grow Appalachia

August 9, 2011
By
John Paul DeJoria Helps Feed Families with Grow Appalachia

You’ve probably heard of John Paul Mitchell Systems or purchased one of their beauty products. I bet you weren’t aware that the CEO and co-founder, John Paul DeJoria, is a sponsor of “The Appalachian Community Gardening and Food Security Project.” For those that don’t know “Appalachia is a 205,000-square-mile region that follows the Appalachian Mountains…

Read more »

Complaints, Complaints: The End of Customer Service

August 8, 2011
By

Years ago, you could go down to Wilson’s Hardware, on Main Street, and buy a new drill. After stopping at the soda fountain, next door, you took your new drill home and found out it didn’t work. No problem. You could just take it back and Mr. Wilson would be there, ready to make it…

Read more »

Meatless Monday with a Tuscan Bread Salad Panzanella

August 7, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.…

Read more »

August 7, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.…

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Week 9

August 7, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Week 9

During week 9 of  building our tiny house on a trailer we finish installing gable end roof flashing, dormer fascia and flashing, priming and painting the front door, and installing the cedar trim, frieze, skirts, and drip edge flashing.  We also spent our first night in the house, a very exciting milestone! Current Report We’re finishing up…

Read more »

Twitter Round Up – July 2011

August 5, 2011
By

Once again, we’re a week late with putting up the Twitter Round Up for the previous month, but we’ve been busy with projects over here! July seemed to be a good month for great, informative articles found on Twitter though. There’s a number of things that we felt were just good business topics and then…

Read more »

Tags