Community

Meatless Monday with Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice, Potatoes & Mozzarella

July 17, 2011
By
Meatless Monday with Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice, Potatoes & Mozzarella

Welcome (back) to the blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary…

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Week 6

July 15, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Week 6

During the 6th week of building our tiny house on a trailer we prepare the roof for installation of the Fabral Gavalume panels and begin installing our windows (they’re awfully cute).  It’s all very exciting and it feels like we’re making real progress now.  As a result, our launch date for our around-the-world cycling expedition grows closer. As of today, we’re in the middle of…

Read more »

Email auto-responders

July 15, 2011
By

By this point in time you’d be hard pressed to find someone who uses email and has a business on the web that is unfamiliar with auto-responders. Some may view them as a great way to seem like they’re, “on top of it” or to get out additional information to someone quickly. While there’s certainly…

Read more »

My Organic Garden Journal – In The Weeds

July 14, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to another entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on another beautiful Friday in Southern Ontario.  I have a garden confession to make today. Life got in the way of my gardening upkeep and the weeds took over – no exaggeration. I threw on my…

Read more »

July 14, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to another entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on another beautiful Friday in Southern Ontario.  I have a garden confession to make today. Life got in the way of my gardening upkeep and the weeds took over – no exaggeration. I threw on my…

Read more »

A serious threat to our drinking water. And songbirds.

July 14, 2011
By
A serious threat to our drinking water. And songbirds.

photo: flickr.com | jaguardelplatanar Stop the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. In Canada’s boreal forest, the Peace-Athabasca Delta is a haven for millions of migratory birds—a vast nesting ground for millions of America’s backyard songbirds. It’s no place for even more tar sands development, which is already poisoning the boreal forest’s rivers and lakes. Tar…

Read more »

El Hierro will be the World’s First Renewable Energy Island

July 13, 2011
By

El Hierro, a Spanish Island in the Atlantic and the smallest of the Canary Islands will become the world’s first renewable energy island with wind power and solar thermal sources providing 100% of the energy for all 11,000 residents.  El Hierro is already an eco-tourist island paradise featuring some of the best deep sea diving,…

Read more »

July 13, 2011
By

El Hierro, a Spanish Island in the Atlantic and the smallest of the Canary Islands will become the world’s first renewable energy island with wind power and solar thermal sources providing 100% of the energy for all 11,000 residents.  El Hierro is already an eco-tourist island paradise featuring some of the best deep sea diving,…

Read more »

Wordless Wednesday: Artsy Pittsburgh

July 13, 2011
By
Wordless Wednesday: Artsy Pittsburgh

[Well, Less Wordy Wednesday, anyway]. Back in April, I had the good fortune of participating as a vendor in the Handmade Arcade in Pittsburgh, PA. I had never visited this city before, and was delighted to find that there was … Continue reading → Read the full post

Read more »

Eco-friendly Summer Cleaning Tips

July 12, 2011
By
Eco-friendly Summer Cleaning Tips

Good day and welcome (back) The Planet Forward blog on a beautiful summer day here in the Toronto area. During these glorious summer months we’re definitely outside more and on the fourth hour of the Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb there was a segment about eco-friendly household tips for cleaning in…

Read more »

Tags