Community

Update Wardrobes the Eco-Friendly Way by Swapping Clothes

August 15, 2011
By

Hello and welcome back to the Planet Forward blog on this warm Friday here in Toronto. The summer is nearing its end and back to school is looming in the air with TV and radio ads reminding everyone about school supplies – there is just no escaping what is around the corner (as much as…

Read more »

August 15, 2011
By

Hello and welcome back to the Planet Forward blog on this warm Friday here in Toronto. The summer is nearing its end and back to school is looming in the air with TV and radio ads reminding everyone about school supplies – there is just no escaping what is around the corner (as much as…

Read more »

Meatless Monday with Pasta Puttanesca

August 14, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. A small sacrifice…

Read more »

August 14, 2011
By

Hello and thanks for stopping by the Planet Forward blog on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. A small sacrifice…

Read more »

We Need to Get Moving for Our Planet (VIDEO)

August 12, 2011
By
We Need to Get Moving for Our Planet (VIDEO)

A day to put our demands for climate action into motion. Photo by Aaron Escobar WHY: For too long, our leaders have denied and delayed, compromised and caved. That era must come to an end: it’s time to get moving on the climate crisis. WHERE: All over the world. Find an event near you or…

Read more »

Six Weeks – The Plan

August 12, 2011
By
Six Weeks – The Plan

Greetings!   Six weeks from today we celebrate the dawn of a new culture. It is based on the idea of World 5.0, our new holistic operating system. The chief cultural goal is reconstituting government so that it becomes the honest moderator between community and commercial interests. Government can only accomplish this through transparency and…

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Week 10

August 12, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Week 10

During Week 10 of  building our tiny house on a trailer we put finishing touches on the door and roof, and begin installation of the redwood siding that we rescued from a contractor selling on Craigslist as “waste” from another project. Current Report We’re living in week 15 right now, and we’re in the final stretch.…

Read more »

My Organic Garden – Lightning Strikes

August 11, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday here in the Greater Toronto Area. My garden is once again beating the odds, and it has nothing to do with my previous entry on zucchini flower production. Beautiful staked tomato…

Read more »

August 11, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and to the latest entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on this fine Friday here in the Greater Toronto Area. My garden is once again beating the odds, and it has nothing to do with my previous entry on zucchini flower production. Beautiful staked tomato…

Read more »

Green News of the Week – Responsible Celebrities, Ford Focuses, Killer Cheese and More

August 10, 2011
By
Green News of the Week – Responsible Celebrities, Ford Focuses, Killer Cheese and More

Welcome back eco-enthusiasts for another edition of green news of the week featuring a variety of green stories from around the blogosphere.  This weeks’ highlights: responsible celebrities, greener deliveries from Office Depot, Ford offers a zero emission solution, 10 Plants that clean the air in your home, the impact of cheese on the environment, and…

Read more »

Tags