Community

Kia and the Campaign for Drive Change

July 26, 2011
By
Kia and the Campaign for Drive Change

When you think about car companies, the environment, and being socially responsible are not words that come to mind. This is not the case with Kia motors. Kia has started their “Drive Change” campaign “It’s about thinking big, no matter how small you start. It’s what took Kia from their first bicycle in 1952 to…

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Week 7

July 26, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Week 7

Seven weeks into building our tiny house on a trailer we finish installing our windows, sand and repair our “found” front door, build out the wheel wells, and install fascia, soffits, flashing and roofing.  It was a very productive week! Today, we’re still working on installing the last of the redwood siding (I know, it’s taking us forever!).…

Read more »

Easy Homemade Sunburn Remedies

July 25, 2011
By

The summer is in full swing, and you are probably soaking it up by spending more time in the sun. With global warming, a gradual increase in planet-wide temperatures, you can bet the sun is out often and the risk of sunburn is greater.  Everyone dreads getting sunburn so we wanted to provide some simple…

Read more »

July 25, 2011
By

The summer is in full swing, and you are probably soaking it up by spending more time in the sun. With global warming, a gradual increase in planet-wide temperatures, you can bet the sun is out often and the risk of sunburn is greater.  Everyone dreads getting sunburn so we wanted to provide some simple…

Read more »

Meatless Monday with Veggie Zucchini Tacos

July 24, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal…

Read more »

July 24, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the Planet Forward blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal…

Read more »

My Organic Garden – Impatient with my Impatiens

July 21, 2011
By
My Organic Garden – Impatient with my Impatiens

Hello and welcome (back) to our blog and to another entry in my virtual organic gardening journal on another beautiful Friday after a rather hot week in the Greater Toronto Area.  You can read previous entries of my journal here. Today we are taking a break from my vegetable garden to discuss flowers. I know…

Read more »

Green News this Week – DiCaprio, Reforestation, New York and More

July 20, 2011
By

There’s a lot going on every day in the green news.  We’ve decided to present a weekly segment offering green news of the week with some of the noteworthy green stories that we admired in the blogosphere from the past week.  This week, we range from reforestation to Leonardo DiCaprio to electric vehicles in New…

Read more »

July 20, 2011
By

There’s a lot going on every day in the green news.  We’ve decided to present a weekly segment offering green news of the week with some of the noteworthy green stories that we admired in the blogosphere from the past week.  This week, we range from reforestation to Leonardo DiCaprio to electric vehicles in New…

Read more »

Top 10 Clean Foods with Less Pesticides

July 19, 2011
By
Top 10 Clean Foods with Less Pesticides

You don’t always have to buy organic to protect yourself from pesticide residues found on numerous fruits and vegetables that we eat (and enjoy) every day.  Which fruits and vegetables contain the most pesticides?  Yesterday, we highlighted the top 10 dirtiest foods with pesticides to help influence your decision on which produce you should buy…

Read more »

Tags