Community

An Eco-friendly Craft for Kids – Canada Day Pinwheel

June 29, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the blog. Planet Forward is a Canadian company and with tomorrow being Canada Day and all, we thought we would honour our nation with a craft. Whether you’re hosting a barbeque, going to the cottage, or just staying in there is no better way to keep the kids entertained than…

Read more »

June 29, 2011
By

Hello and welcome (back) to the blog. Planet Forward is a Canadian company and with tomorrow being Canada Day and all, we thought we would honour our nation with a craft. Whether you’re hosting a barbeque, going to the cottage, or just staying in there is no better way to keep the kids entertained than…

Read more »

Rescued Baby Hummingbird [VIDEO]

June 29, 2011
By
Rescued Baby Hummingbird [VIDEO]

Awwww factor = gazillions X bajillions photo: eberrara This is just an awesome video—a young man and the baby hummingbird he rescued. Video by kandwarf set to music by Jack Johnson. Tagged: birds, blog, conservation, hummingbird, jack johnson, music, nature, random, video, wildlife Read the full post

Read more »

B-Corp Puts Companies in the Green

June 29, 2011
By
B-Corp Puts Companies in the Green

The following post was written by Katie Peige, Herban Lifestyle’s Sustainability Associate. On Friday July 1st, B-Corp legislation will go into effect in Virginia. Virginia became the fourth state to pass B-Corp legislation back in March following the lead from … Continue reading → Read the full post

Read more »

Building our Tiny House : Week 4

June 28, 2011
By
Building our Tiny House : Week 4

We’re almost done building the envelope of our tiny house on a trailer!  Seriously delayed by record rainfall in Vermont, we’re working on the house every second it’s not pouring.  We expect to finish up the redwood siding, clean up our site and FINALLY head out on our on our around-the-world cycling expedition sometime in…

Read more »

Forget Shorter Showers? I don’t think so. ~ by Sunita Pillay

June 27, 2011
By
Forget Shorter Showers? I don’t think so. ~ by Sunita Pillay

Originally published on elephantjournal.com by Sunita Pillay. I don’t think so. I have been contemplating Derrick Jensen’s article, Forget Shorter Showers, for two years now. It has been on the back burner of my brain all this time. Jensen argues that retreating into “entirely personal” environmental solutions is not going to change the dismal global…

Read more »

How to Make Four Thieves Vinegar

June 27, 2011
By
How to Make Four Thieves Vinegar

Legend has it that during the Great Plague of the Middle Ages, grave robbers would wash their hands in a solution called “Four Thieves Vinegar,” which was very effective in staving off infection. The concoction was made by infusing vinegar … Continue reading → Read the full post

Read more »

Meatless Monday with Southern Tomato Pie

June 26, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary…

Read more »

June 26, 2011
By

Welcome (back) to the blog and thanks for taking the time to stop by on another Meatless Monday. We at Planet Forward took the pledge to support this sustainable practice that promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week with the goal of reducing meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary…

Read more »

Keep off my lawn, chemicals!

June 24, 2011
By
Keep off my lawn, chemicals!

A patch of my non-conformist front lawn. This is one time I say no to green. Green, as in, the color. I mean, what’s wrong with the occasional splash of purple (my favorite color) or yellow? And, if one has to treat their lawn with chemicals in order to maintain an “acceptable” green lawn, how…

Read more »

Tags